Yes, you read that title correctly or rather you hummed it correctly in Gwen Stefani’s voice. Today’s post deals with bananas, in particular the overripe ones that we civilians unfortunately throw away or squish when we have no desire to ingest them. Recently, I was faced with the dilemma of three overripe bananas sitting on my counter and I felt guilt at the idea of throwing them away (not to mention I am a student and can’t afford to waste). I decided to try my luck at banana and chocolate chip muffins and since the recipe called for 3 bananas, it was a recipe made to match!
3 mashed bananas (medium-sized)/ 1 cup
1/4 cup milk
3/4 cup sugar
120g unsalted melted butter
2 cups flour
2 1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Pre heat the oven to 180 degree. Add muffins wrappers/cases to the tray.
2. Mix the bananas, eggs, sugar, milk and butter together.
3. In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon together.
4. Fold wet ingredients to dry ingredients then stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Scoop the batter into the wrappers and bake for 20 minutes.
6. Leave the muffins to cool and voila!
These muffins make 12 so feel free to proportion them accordingly. I had a lot of fun making these muffins because it was the first time I ever made muffins #rookieconfessions. If you’re not a fan of bananas then I wouldn’t recommend this recipe, in fact you rather just make chocolate chip muffins.
So try out the recipe and make the most of your overripe bananas! It is super simple and the best way to preserve your bananas for an extra couple of days as opposed to trashing them. Let me know how this recipe works out for you!
Till next post!